Freebies My Classroom About Me Home Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Email Facebook BlogLovin Image Map

January 22, 2016

New and Improved!

Today's events are those that ever teacher dreams of in January... My district received our first snow day! Winter storm Jonas is coming in hot tomorrow... We are expected to receive 6-12 inches of snow and it occurred to me around midnight that I left my health curriculum books at school. I start health on Monday, so needless to say, I now have to wake up early on my snow day to retrieve them. Don't work though, the snow won't get here until noon and I'll be heading there around 8:00am.

Anyway, on to the new for today regarding my TpT store! After busting out with my first two sales on the 19th, I have hit a bump, whomp. I was hoping the Start Your Year Inspired Sale would draw in some potential sales, but sadly it did not. That is okay though! It is my first sale and I still have a lot to improve on before I can really break into this market. I also looked over some of my products and I ended up deleting them... I'm not at a point in my clip art genius that I feel comfortable making certain items {specifically volleyballs} and the clip art I have specifically asks for the products to be used in something more than just decorative designs. I also removed my weight borders... Good idea in theory, but again, I'm not skilled enough in clip art to make that pretty yet. I believe with more practice I will improve and post better versions down the road.

In bigger news today, I completely revamped my Across the USA Fitness Station task card set! For whatever reason, when I created my chevron background in publisher, it looked great, but when I converted the publisher file to a PDF, it completely wonked my product! I didn't even notice until I reprinted the cards for myself and I was quite upset. I really tried to embrace the American theme for this card set with patriotic backgrounds, clip art, and I utilized a prettier font than before. I have always loved this product, but with the face lift I gave it this evening, I love it even more! Please check it out below:


Across the USA Fitness Station | $5.00

This task card set includes:
  • 20 fitness stations in 20 states across the US
  • Map for placing task cards
  • Minimal equipment needed
  • Great for grades 5-9
  • Integrated activity with opportunities to work with social studies departments

Stayed tuned for more as I move into a new 3-day weekend. Hopefully the snow doesn't knock out our power!

Until next time,
xoxo The Sassy PE Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment